2 January 2013

2012: Year in Review (part 4)

...better late than never, right?! I wanted to really take the time to wrap things up properly, but as most of you know, I'll begin shooting my feature in 5 days, so you can imagine I have a lot of other things on my mind!  Still, here we go for the last trimester of the year...


October: Ok wait. October was actually the quietest month of the year! (I know, I know, I said the same thing for August…) It was rather… uneventful aside from the fact that my day job contract got renewed for a year (yay!). I continued promoting my films, scored a few more festival plays for Red, worked on the collaborative script and locked down my crew for Dys-. Oh and it was Halloween – aka my favorite day of the year – so, as usual, I got all dressed up to party and do the time warp, again!

November/December: I'm lumping these two months together as this is the time of the year when the Dys- pre-production really took over my life. Still, I somehow managed to find the time to hop on the train to Toronto for the first ever Blood in the Snow Canadian Film Festival during which Red was screened. I met a bunch of awesome fellow Canucks, gathered a few reviews of my short and got to hang out with Andrea my non-sister brain twin. It might have seen like a bad idea to run away from everything when I still had so many things to do for the film, but this little weekend getaway turned out to be just what I needed to recharge my batteries! 


 After that, well, there was my birthday, then the holidays - which comes with the mandatory family dinners/late-night gift giving/running around being stressed and not getting enough sleep. As if that wasn't enough, a few unfortunate circumstances forced me to do a lot of introspective thinking while I was trying to wrap up pre-production. But those who know me know that it takes more than that to throw me down and, like a phoenix, I picked myself up, grew as a person and channeled everything back into what I do best. 

Even though the year has been very good for me professionally, 2012 has also been a total bitch for certain things on a more personal level. However, I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and I see all this as a preparation; as a test for what's to come. And it helped me learn more about myself. A LOT. And now, here we are in 2013 as I'm about to embark on the biggest adventure of my life so far. You know what? Bring it on, I'm more than ready for it!

I wish you all the best for this new year - I have a good feeling about this one! ;) May your craziest dreams come true and I'll see you on the other side of Dys-!

Here's to 2013! 

Love,


1 comment:

V said...

Great read! All the best to you too!